- Legal Services
- Our People
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Legal Costs
Last Powers of Attorney
We can prepare Lasting Powers of Attorney and apply for Deputyship orders in the Court of Protection. If you require advice about mental capacity relating to health and welfare and you may be eligible for legal aid we will refer you to another legal provider who has the required legal aid contract.
While you are fit and able we can prepare and register for you :
- Lasting Power of Attorney for your financial & property affairs £250+VAT = £300 + registration fee £82
- Lasting Power of Attorney for your health & welfare decisions £300+VAT = £360 + registration fee £82
- Both types of LPA together at same time £500+VAT = £600 + registration fees £164
- Registration of Enduring Power of Attorney or Lasting Power of Attorney = £150 + VAT = £180 + registration fee.
Court of Protection/Deputyship
If the person you care for or are concerned about has already lost his or her mental capacity you can apply for:-
- A deputyship order for financial & property affairs for that person. For straight forward cases we can limit our costs to the Court of Protection standard fee of £850 + VAT = £1,020 + application fee £385 + mental capacity certificate fee £100-750 + bond estimated £100-300 total = £1,700-£2,500. More complex cases will be charged according to time spent at our hourly rate of £170+VAT per hour.
Any other types of application such as issues relating to health and welfare decisions or making statutory wills to the court of protection will be charged according to time spent at our hourly rates plus VAT plus any fees to others.